- I paint because it allows me to express emotion without the burden of words.
it doesn’t matter how the line is drawn,
it’s how you DRAW the line.
- I think i've lost the will to possess anything.
- not that i'm beating my chest or anything...
- it used to disturb me that i found it difficult
- to be jealous. at least the way i used to.
- it may be that i don't believe anything is mine
- anymore. maybe this is a phase, but it certainly
- is a long one.
- I have no identity or personailty. i am an undifferentiated sludge. i am a bacterium. adapting to changes in my environment.
- i am not one, but pieces of many. my identity
- is not my own. it is something others have fabricated. i am neurotic when i dance to their songs. this is possibly the greatest of all truths. i am free.
- In a drawing mood.
i have to get ugly.
that’s the only way.
what i make must
be like a scream.
if i say that i hate music, it is because i hate the institution. just as i hate the institution of art. both are used to serve the consumer culture. both are used to sedate the people into mindless consumption and production.
i prefer the idea of a scream or a grunt. it is not emotion that directs this farce. it is logic. shapes without substance. the appearance of truth rather than the actuality of it. the symbol has become its object. particularly in our society.
underneath this construction is a weak foundation, made of rags. the only way to unify a disparate mass is to convince its members of a unifying principle where there is none. this is propaganda. art is made to serve the unification of the whole for the purpose of its master.
with punk rock, and other musical movements of its kind, there really was no unifying principle except for the alienation of its proponents. out of the utter meaninglessness of the symbols used to colonize the minds of the people arises a larger truth. this truth is the truth of a solitary self. this is where true art resides.
i can wear symbols, i can speak symbols, i can live symbols. i will always be a representative of a demographic, an object of a class. this is how commerce is making subjects of the people. the new fiefdom in the corporate feudal state.
if we are convinced of the necessity of belonging, there will always be a deficiency. the true strength of the social dynamic lies in dissidence. difference between individuals creates new ideas, new directions and influences others to respond in kind… in their own language. that difference has been turned on itself by marketing professionals and we are dying culturally.
still the rebels are born anew each day. i am gracious for that.